Monday, February 18, 2008

Bionic Sam

Hi everyone!  Sorry we didn't get anything posted over the weekend.  Here is a pic of Sam @ lunch today.  So 3 days from the last photo.  His swelling goes down a little bit more every day!  His balance seems better as well.  Yesterday some friends from church came to visit & brought their boys.  It was great to spend some time talking with them.  Another friend Lu brought dinner & it was amazing!

We are starting to notice many of the plates & screws right now which make his head look a bit uneven.  For those of you facinated by science (like myself)...  the stitches, plates & screws are all made of materials that will break-down over time & be absorbed by Sam's body.  We were told that the entire process takes 6-9 months normally but can take up to a year.  So, from our perspective, Sam's head can essentially look differently on any given day.  Underneath all of those plates, Sam's skull will be repairing itself & filling in bone.  

Our normal schedule begins again today which Ted & I were both looking forward to.  Ted went back to work today so I am home with Sam.   Tomorrow I head back to work & then on Wednesday, the almost 1 year old I get to take care of will be here with us.  I've missed him & so has Sam!

We love you all!  Thanks for all your prayers & support...

3 comments:

  1. Plates and screws breaking down. Dude, that's cool. He's like Bionic Boy. But funnier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sending out your blogspot address on my space! So glad to get the update on the second round of surgeries...praise the Lord is all I can say!! You guys are my heros.
    katy vicory

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang i sure do love you guys yadda yadda yiddya bit! let me know when you want to go out and i get to watch my favorite! next week would work well for me...

    ReplyDelete